Responsive Website plus Graphic Design Using Hand-Drawn Elements
Unearthed Comics is a side project of mine, where I post ramblings in the form of one-panel webcomics. I needed a logo, brand, website and marketing plan to get my new webcomic off the ground.
I started with a hand-drawn logo along with some of my fun characters. I then created the layout for the website and the graphic components. I ran a keyword analysis so I can get my webcomics to rank higher in organice searches and implemented those results within the backend of the site. I integrated MailChimp.com’s newsletter sign up form for lead capture, a sharing widget, and searchable options. The technical development of the site itself included:
- Logo and branding design
- Site planning and marketing
- Customized design elements
- Self-hosted CMS-based site
- Fully-integrated WordPress administrative editing interface
- Responsive design for dynamic layout adjustment based on screen size for desktop and mobile devices
- Current, Valid HTML5
- jQuery image sliders
- Server-side processing in PHP
- MySQL database content management
- Advanced comic category “filtering” functionality
Additionally, to make this project complete, I brought the branding through the MailChimp newsletter template and my Facebook FanPage.