Yes, I currently take select web design projects. To make things smoother, please contact me with the following information:
- Surf the internet and see what “style” of websites you like. Copy those url’s and place them into one document or email (word doc, rtf, txt, or Google doc file/or one email). Often, clients save time/money if they just want the look of a site mimicked. If you don’t find a site that you exactly want to mimic, record the details of what you like of the site.
- Figure out how many pages you want and your navigation bar buttons, (i.e. HOME, ABOUT, etc) and if there are any subpages that you want (such as ABOUT> AUTHOR BIO> COMPANY BIO, etc).
- Compile all the text for every single page. Make sure it answers all the questions of who, what, when, why, where, and how (so many sites do not), as well as explaining how this site/company provides a service that is unique in some way and why they should work with you. Please both proofread and edit. It is faster to use text that is final then making a lot of changes afterwards.
- Compile photos that you want and clearly label each one according to which page it is for, (i.e. photo_home1.jpg). Since it is the web, dpi doesn’t matter as much. But if you later want to make a brochure with this same look, etc, then provide me with images that are at least 300 dpi.
- If you have not legally purchased photos and need some ideas, talk to me and we can discuss illustrations, clip art, or stock photo options.
- Please provide the logo and all company identity info. If you need that, I can help you there too. Often once a client agrees on color choices, fonts, etc, it becomes so easy to just pull that through the entire website, brochures, flyers, mailers, business cards, etc. If you are not planning on doing that and just want some ideas for this site, I am happy to give some creative suggestions.
- I can also help you with hosting and domain name suggestions.
- If this is all overwhelming, one of my strong points is providing creative direction. I will need to learn more about your site and your target audience and overall purpose. But from there, I can provide some ideas on color, content, etc.