If you want to streamline the website design process, please contact us with the following information:
- Surf the internet and see what “style” of websites you like. Copy those url’s and place them into one document or email (word doc, rtf, txt, or Google doc file/or one email). Often, clients save time/money if they just want the look of a site mimicked. If you don’t find a site that you exactly want to mimic, record the details of what you like of the site.
- Figure out how many pages you want and your navigation bar buttons, (i.e. HOME, ABOUT, etc) and if there are any subpages that you want (such as ABOUT> AUTHOR BIO> COMPANY BIO, etc).
- Compile all the text for every single page. Make sure it answers all the questions of who, what, when, why, where, and how (so many sites do not), as well as explaining how this site/company provides a service that is unique in some way and why they should work with you. Please both proofread and edit. It is faster to use text that is final then making a lot of changes afterwards. Text needs to be provided in an unformatted .txt, .rtf, or .pages doc. If you are using Word, please do not add any additional formatting.
- Compile photos that you want and clearly label each one according to which page it is for, (i.e. photo_home1.jpg). The resolution for web projects need to be at 72dpi. But if you later want to make a brochure with this same look, etc, then provide us with images that are at least 300 dpi. Let us know if you will be resizing your images or if you will be expecting us to, and if you need photo enhancement done as well.
- If you have not legally purchased photos and need some ideas, talk to us and we can discuss illustrations, clip art, or stock photo options.
- Please provide the logo and all company identity info. If you need that, we can help you there too. Often once a client agrees on color choices, fonts, etc, it becomes so easy to just pull that through the entire website, brochures, flyers, mailers, business cards, etc. If you are not planning on doing that and just want some ideas for this site, we are happy to give some creative suggestions.
- Your hosting and domain information, login and password. We can also help you with hosting and domain name if you need help setting them up and/or suggestions.
- All login and password information for any accounts you need linking or addressed, such as Google, AddThis.com, LinkedIn.com, Twitter.com, Facebook.com, VerticalResponse, etc. If you need us to help you integrate these, then we’ll need account info. Please call us with all of your password info- do not email us those items.
- Let us know if you will be needing training, how much of this you will be providing and what you need help with.
We can provide a list of all items needed with dates in order to meet your end deadline.
We Can Help You Plan Your Website If You Are Overwhelmed
If this is all overwhelming, or you feel that you are too busy to do any of the above, we can help. We excel at project management, creative direction, and have helped numerous business owners by creating entire websites without much of their help at all. We do this by learning more about your business, target audience, competitors, and overall purpose. From there, we can design you something that can fit your needs.