As a tribute to Earth Day, here are a few tips and resources for making your business a green business:
- Use a high recycled content paper in your fax and printer. When one side is printed on, use the other side for scrap paper, notes, etc.
- Have a recycling container next to each trash can and desk.
- Turn off your work station lights when gone for longer than 5 minutes.
- Replace work station light bulbs with energy efficient compact fluorescents.
- Carpool, take public transit, walk or work from home.
- If you eat take out lunches from nearby restaurants, either eat there or bring your own recyclable take out containers.
- Bring a reusable water bottle versus using one-time water cups or plastic water bottles from vending machines.
- Look at any products you offer and investigate ways you can use recycled/reclaimed content in the packaging or in the product itself.
These are just some ways that you can make a small impact in your everyday business life. For more ideas, here are some resources: